[plug] [OT] Second-Hand Hardware Sale

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Fri Aug 13 19:48:14 WST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:21, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 09:09:04AM +0800, skribe wrote:
> > Perhaps even a separate list altogether.
>
> There are already plenty of places for this sort of thing.  Aside from
> the numerous newsgroups (both WA and AU-wide), there are a few boards
> (like http://bargainboard.navada.com.au/ ).

Yes, but all of them are more or less anonymous and all of them are
strangers.  The boards are also filled with people that seem to have lots of
stuff to sell which leads me to the conclusion that the goods have 'fallen
off the back of a truck' or are old stock from a retailer - and thereby
avoiding any warranty hassles. Perhaps that's just my cynicism.  Once bitten
twice shy.

> I don't think we need to invent another wheel for this
> (completely-non-linux-specific) job  :)

I don't think this is re-inventing the wheel.  I think this is adding value
to the mailing list/PLUG. I'm more inclined to trust a plugger - as foolish
as that may actually be =).

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

The reason ESP, for example, is not considered a viable topic in contemoprary
psychology is simply that its investigation has not proven fruitful...After
more than 70 years of study, there still does not exist one example of an ESP
phenomenon that is replicable under controlled conditions.  This simple but
basic scientific criterion has not been met despite dozens of studies
conducted
over many decades...It is for this reason alone that the topic is now of
little
interest to psychology...In short, there is no demonstrated phenomenon that
needs explanation.
-- Keith E. Stanovich, "How to Think Straight About Psychology", pp. 160-161

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/