[plug] [OT] Report generating utils windows

Paul Arch paul at sdmgroup.com.au
Mon Aug 16 08:22:55 WST 2004

> You mean the users will be writing reports, or selecting a series of
> options?

Actually, its for my own development purposes - just after something I can
program and generate reports quickly without too much custom code.

> > I have been using ODBC from activestates Perl to drive excel
> > spreadsheets for report generation, but this is too time consuming
> > for me to create :)
>
> It's also evil and will earn you half an eternity in hell! :-)

Actually, that should be OLE / Excel ( not that I think its much better ;) )

> Depending on the sensitivity of the data, it may be worthwhile to do
> the report generation "behind" a web server.

Thanks Ryan for info on htmldoc, and James for into on ReportLab, I am
currently investigating both of these at the moment.

Regards,

 Paul