[plug] Weird Wget Usage

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 16 18:11:57 WST 2004

In message <20040816100141.93E7D79A6 at spark.plug.linux.org.au>
on Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 06:01:41PM +0800, weirdo at tigris.org wrote:
> I am looking at mirror a site that has quite a few [ads].
> Unfortunately, the [ads] are on the same server. Does anyone know of a
> way to get wget to only get images from certain director[ies] and
> exclude the rest?

It may depend on *where* the ads are, relative to the content that you
desire. One options is --no-parent, which will either be perfect or
useless for you. Alternatively, there's the -X ("exclude directories")
option. There is also the -R option (filename patterns to reject). My
understanding is that this should all be obvious from the wget manual,
although I have no measure of the applicability of these options for
your situation.

> I am on dialup

I am onNO CARRIER