mutt pattern query [was: Re: [plug] knowledge base]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 18 16:12:27 WST 2004

In message <20040818071401.GB25117 at cp.yi.org>
on Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:14:01PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> It's nice to be able to say "nope, I'm not even going to look at
> mailing lists for now".  (Until you start ignoring a list for too
> long and have thousands of unread messages to plough through.)

Or, in the case of some lists, you *blink* and have thousands of unread
messages to plough through ;-)

> I also flag messages (giving them a different colour) that are
> interesting or that I'm likely to have to refer back to; my mail
> client (mutt) allows me to display only the flagged messages in a
> given folder.

By the way...is there a way (in any unpatched version of mutt) to match
the "current index colour" of messages? What I mean to say is:
 - I have a number of 'patterns' (in mutt) that influence messages
   in my mailboxes, like changing the ANSI terminal colour.
 - Several patterns might lead to the same colour, e.g. green.
 - I would then like to easily filter all messages that are
   currently being displayed in green.
Alternatively, does anyone know of a patch to do this?