[plug] odd file manager hangs

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Aug 18 16:16:06 WST 2004

Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Another random suggestion: is this the same machine that you've
> mentioned in previous threads as behaving weirdly, having processes
> hanged in weird states and so on?

Yep, though the main issue like that turned out to be a gdm bug. It's
generally very well behaved, I just tend to push machines to unusual
extents.

> The one that's also running an
> early 2.6.x kernel?  Perhaps a kernel upgrade would do it good...

Scheduled, but planning the downtime (and potential recovery time if
something goes wrong) isn't easy.

I _really_ wish I wasn't stuck on 2.6 for this machine, but it's the
only way to get usable I/O on this machine it seems.

--
Craig Ringer