[plug] Linux powered ADSL modem

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Aug 18 22:58:38 WST 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:55:19PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:57 pm, Chris Caston wrote:
>
> > That's close what I was thinking. A single device adsl modem / firewall.
> > All we need next it one with multiple interfaces for different network
> > segments.
>
> The magic of some USB NICs?

Anybody know of a cheapish 5-port switch that understands 802.1q
(even at a very basic hardwired "this port is vlan 3" level)?
Something about the size of the slim 5-port Netgears would be
awesome. Instant ethernet interfaces! (Yes, they'd share the same
100Mbit, but when your device is a router between an 11Mbit
wireless, a 1.5Mbit ADSL link, and the rest of your network, it's
hardly noticeable).

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>