[plug] How to add static route?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Aug 20 15:35:34 WST 2004

tcleary2 at csc.com.au wrote:

> IMHO, from an Operational perspective, IPV6 is a beautiful but ultimately
> pointless folly.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the reasoning behind that.

Personally, I'm finding that IPv6 is already making my life easier by
reducing the pain I suffer from NAT.

> My concern is that the IPV6 string looks like someone tried to reanimate
> OSI addresses - from personal experience with DEC Routers.........

I guess. Still, it's actually much the same structure as an IPv4 address
(network+subnet+host), just with a "class" prefix, a different way of
determining the host part, and encoded in hex.

--
Craig Ringer