[plug] Need to ping a subnet...

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Aug 21 15:53:30 WST 2004

Senectus . wrote:
> I have put my old Linksys WAP11 on the network and I've forgotten what
> IP address it had before so I need to strobe the network to see what
> address it thinks it has.. the I can http to it..

Easier still, hit the reset button and default the WAP11.

Interesting. I have 2 WAP11's in bridge mode here. The one on the far side of the bridge responds to
a broadcast ping and the one on the near side does not. My DWL900-AP+ also does not respond to a
broadcast ping.

I concur with Luke. Use nmap and do a sull subnet scan. Provided you can remember what the actual
subnet is ;p)

Brad