[plug] Gmail, pop access and Linux

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 23:31:30 WST 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:03:51 +0800, Michael Hunt
<michael at aussie.oddsocks.net> wrote:
> Hiya all,
>
> With all the invites for Gmail accounts going around, now is probably a
> good time to ask what software are people using to access there accounts
> with ??? Obviously I don't mean what browser, but what tools are
> available for Linux to access Gmail via POP ??? Most of the stuff I have
> seen so far is for that other OS.
A google for pop3+gmail+linux found quite a few links and one of the
most informative was http://www.aimlesswords.com/archives/gmail_unix/
which contains what appears to be some handy scripts.

> And how have people uploaded previous archives of mail up to Gmail ???
http://www.marklyon.org/gmail/gmailapps.htm  <-- links galore,
including the one I used (yes, this is a single URL) -
http://blog.codefront.net/archives/2004/06/23/gexodus-02-some-new-features-for-gmail-mbox-import-tool

Happy Gmailing :)

regards,
  Nathan D.