[plug] [OT] Password security with shared web hosting

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Aug 25 21:57:26 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

> Thanks for the idea. I categorise this under the 'suexec' category of
> activities, which is fine if you can have such set-uid executables.

Ahh, 'suexec' was the mod_something that I was trying to remember the
name of.  Looking at the docs just now, why is it not suitable for
what you want?  While I've never tried it (and don't use PHP either)
presumably it can run the PHP interpreter setuid just like it can for
any other CGI script?

Cameron.