[plug] SCOX

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Aug 26 08:33:10 WST 2004

Indeed. Mindyou , Microsoft pulling out of that standards body marks some
dark clouds for me....

patents.

That said, microsoft is said to have 5000 patents, Ibm is said to 20,000
odd patents. And while I'm personally adverse against relying on a
corporation with vested interests to protect 'the commons', thats a hell
of a gun to be brandishing.

--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and