[plug] [OT] Password security with shared web hosting

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 26 09:22:05 WST 2004

In message <1093480574.3559.23.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>
on Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:36:15AM +1000, Onno Benschop wrote:
> Your initial request read to me like this:

I think I now understand the problem in our communication: I listed a
number of strategies, which apply in certain circumstances, and I was
asking what people do when none of those strategies applies (e.g. what
is people's "catch-all" strategy?). Your view was that I was evaluating
which of those stated strategies should be applied, whereas I actually
wanted to know what to do when it is already known that none of those
applies. You have suggested chroots, which I then pursued with you, and
you provided further opinions on that point. So thanks for the chroot
idea. I wasn't aware that this is what is commonly done, but it might
very well be the case.