[plug] permanently inserting modules

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Aug 26 17:00:44 WST 2004

Michael Holland wrote:

> > AFAIK Debian doesn't have an rc.local /or/ a modprobe.preload.
>
> probably because Debian stable is still running a 2.2 kernel ?

:-)  I'm referring to Debian testing/unstable here (which still uses
2.4 by default, but supports 2.6 just fine).

> To use 2.6, I believe you need Rusty's new module-init-tools

True.

> which has a different set of config file to the old modutils.

/etc/modules (which is /not/ the same as /etc/modules.conf used in
other distributions) is actually a config file read by Debian's
modutils and module-init-tools packages (depending on your kernel
version).

Cameron.