[plug] Good news about KDE

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Aug 27 15:20:07 WST 2004

I just ran into some KDE news that I think qualifies as pretty darn good
to hear:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39164634,00.htm

---
"We are planning on streamlining KDE. Developers love to build an
interface with a million levers and buttons, but it's not easy to use.
We want to make the interface more intuitive without limiting power,"
said Seigo.

"Three professional usability experts have joined the KDE project and
are helping improve the interface."
---

Just think ... the snappy and fairly powerful KDE interface, minus the
"arrggh oh my god the buttons, all the buttons...." effect of said
interface. Hmm.

--
Craig Ringer