[plug] Workshop

Margo Adams margo at ozjokes.com
Mon Aug 30 20:26:41 WST 2004

Hi Everyone

Just introducing myself since I'm hoping to attend the workshop as
listed on the website. I installed Suse Pro 9.1 2 weeks ago and I'm
having a ball.. mostly. I have all these minor technical details

- color depth not behaving after hours of research
- audio cd's won't play ( I'm not touching my kernel without supervision)
- Completing media KB setup, it's half done ( there is just not enough
hours in the day)
- Thunderbird isn't recognising http links and the TB forum haven't
answered.. sigh
- Firefox isn't recognising mailto links... hmmm
- had to manually setup flash disk.. not too bad thought and Suse is the
only distro that has recognised it.

and here I can actually say etc etc etc. as there are more niggly things.

However, these are essentially not serious problems, and a lot would be
more from myself not being familiar with the OS and will probably
resolve over time,

What I DO like!

- wallpaper changing every hour :D ( although being able to select a top
level folder for the pictures instead of individual files would be nice.)
- Korganizer - it owns totally, I love it.
- STABILITY... being able to restart the GUI without restarting the
entire damn computer
- Kaffeine - lovely player, fast efficient :)
- you really want me to keep going? lol

Seriously, its a lot of fun and the good news is my whole circle of
friends and family are watching me.. (spooky) since if I stick with it a
lot of them will convert. The hardest part has been that I don't
personally know anyone who uses Linux. This makes troubleshooting a PITA.

I don't need to go back though and so far apart from a game I REALLY
want to install, I have not needed and windows software.

Regards
--
Margo

Webmaster