[plug] Default settings

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstromDONT_CC_ME at tpg.com.au
Sun Aug 29 14:07:22 WST 2004

On Sunday, 29 Aug 2004 10:56, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Hey in kde how do I get the default email to change to from what it
> is to thunderbird and also the browser it gets a bit frustrating when
> I click on an email link and the default mail isn't the one that I
> use.

mailto: links appear almost exclusively in Web browsers, and since you
only mention KDE, I'm going to randomly guess that you use Konqueror.
Go to the KDE Control Centre->KDE Components->Component Chooser->Email
Client, select the option "Use a different email client", and specify
the path to it, e.g. /usr/bin/mozilla-thunderbird

That should do it for all KDE programs. Other programs, such as the
Mozilla Firefox Web browser may have other settings. For Firefox, I
suggest the MozEX extension.

Under the Control Centre's Component Chooser, you can also change the
default Web browser used by KDE programs if you so desire (the lack of
punctuation in the question makes it a bit difficult to tell). Again,
non-KDE programs may have settings of their own.

Also, it will only change how hyperlinks are handled, not how HTML files
are handled. For that, see KDE Components->File Associations->text->
html. Be sure to set the browser of your choice in the Application
Preference Order, and in the Embedding tab, select "Show file in
separate viewer".

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/