[plug] Trying to compile Oddcast for XMMS

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Aug 31 12:54:34 WST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to build oddcast for XMMS that I downloaded from:

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv2_xmms/

I get the following error:

checking for xmms-config... no
checking for XMMS - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** The xmms-config script installed by XMMS could not be found.
*** If XMMS was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the XMMS_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to xmms-config.
configure: error: *** XMMS >= 1.2.8 not installed - please install first
***

I seem to have resolved all the other decencies (at least so far) and
dpkg -l | grep xmms reports

ii  xmms           1.2.10-1       Versatile X audio player that looks
like Win

I assume that is >= 1.2.8

So perhaps I need to set the environment variable but I'm not exactly
sure how. Any idea what it's asking me to do exactly?

I'm running Debian sid. Let me know if you need any other details.

I used: http://www.rarewares.org/debian.html

for the lame libs.

thanks,

Chris Caston