[plug] Program modularity/(Server Client?) - IHCC

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Aug 31 14:13:46 WST 2004

hooker at iinet.net.au wrote:

>>That's a lot of work on the backend just writing interfaces. Especially
>>if have to update the interface code every time the core adds new
>>functionality or changes an API function. *uggh*.
>
> Agreed, but you've got that anyway, regardless of how you architect the final
> system.

True. I just prefer not to do it for umpteen different interfaces.

> Python isn't on the list purely because I haven't used it. Others who have, love
> it though. Eiffel I've never seriously considered for anything, I've always
> assumed that it's a niche language (like Icon).

So did I, but it seems to be taken reasonably seriously by Apple for
OS/X and I've seen a bit about it lately. I don't know if I like the way
the language works, but I think it deserves a mention given that it's
apparently designed for things like business logic.

--
Craig Ringer