[plug] printing

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Aug 31 15:54:14 WST 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 03:49:17PM +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Had a quick question.  While printing on my networked printer all of a
> sudden it just stopped printing.  When I investigated further in kde
> under the printers tab in the control centre it said that the printer
> had stopped. However I physically know it hasn't stopped.  When I went
> in through kde and had a look at the actual printer properties it said
> that I just needed to start the printer which I did.  However once
> restarted it still won't actually print whats in the queue.

I had a very similar problem last night. My solution was to remove
the job from the queue using lprm (I have cupsys-bsd installed ...
lpr compatibility), and then runs "cupsenable printername" to start
the queue again. You can probably do a similar thing from the web
interface too (on http://localhost:631/).

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>