[plug] Dual boot

Milan Pospisil pospim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:15:48 WST 2004

Hi Folks,
           I have got a P3 box with two hard drives and a dual boot
up system; primary master with Windows XP, secondary master with
Xandros2.0 and a CD ROM as a sec.slave. The boot manager has been
placed on MBR of IDE1(hda).
I would like to replace Xandros with SuSE9.1, but I am not sure what
to do about the boot loaders. Xandros uses LILO and SuSE uses GRUB, so
what is likely to happen if I just simply reformat the second hard
disc and start installing SuSE? Will there be a conflict between the
boot loaders or will GRUB just take over LILO?
The Windows OS(together with some other additional software) has been
installed from network and I can not repeat that process easily, so I
would like to avoid any mistake beforehand, if possible.
Any advice would be appreciated.
                                                  Regards
                                                                 Milan Pospisil