[plug] .xsession-errors

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Dec 2 11:12:07 WST 2004

Hello,

I noticed my system drive was reporting 100% full when running df and
what little space remaining was quickly running out.

I tried in vain to find out what was writing to the disk but didn't know
know the commands... I tried fuser -vk /dev/hdc1 (but maybe I was a
little to late)

Anyway after doing a little forensics I found .xsession-errors has
swelled to 20GB. This is a real problem as system resides on a 40gb ide
drive. I'm only able to use it now because I backed up a lot of stuff to
a 120gb SATA drive.. (which is now full..)

Anyway:

chris at debian:~$ ls -poa .xsession-errors
-rw-------  1 chris 20307987596 Dec  2 11:06 .xsession-errors
chris at debian:~$ du -sh .xsession-errors
20G     .xsession-errors

Any idea what what have caused this?

Should I just rm it and touch a new one?

I'm running Debian sid with 2.6.7-1-686

regards,

Chris