[plug] Prefered Music Format

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstrom at tpg.com.au
Thu Dec 2 18:21:58 WST 2004

On Thursday, 2 Dec 2004 17:50, Brad Campbell wrote:
> I said nothing at all about the sample rate. 160kbps means 20480
> bytes per second.

Actually, it means 20,000 bytes per second, assuming 8-bit bytes. k is
an SI prefix, not a binary prefix, and though there is some confusion
between the two in some contexts, in the context of bit rates, like
clock rates (and consequently bus transfer rates), SI prefixes are
always used.

Apart from that, you're entirely correct as far as I can tell.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/