[plug] email with copyright protection? Maybe a bit [OT]?

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:06:14 WST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:39:03 +0800 (WST), Shayne O'Neill
<shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au> wrote:

> *Gasp!* Thats full on!.

It's a worry, that's for sure. I just assumed it was uwa not wanting
students to 'pollute' their network with spam, viruses, and porn.

> I think photoshop can embed little stenographic copywrite metadata
> thingees into photos (I might be wrong). wasnt aware anything actually
> uses that info.

Thanks for that info.  I wasn't aware of that.

Did some googling on it then opened the files in photoshop but there
was no copyright in them. And we don't copyright our photos anyhow so
it's not only a pain, but it's wrong.

> --
> "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do
> it, that's trustworthiness."
> -- George Bush on CNN online chat, Aug.30, 2000
> RIAA Copyright notice trap: http://guild.murdoch.edu.au/~shayne/
>

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 rpowersau at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just had an odd experience. Unfortunately it was with a customer
> > who is not happy about it.
> >
> > I sent this person a jpeg file. She claims she received it, can see a
> > thumbnail view of it, but can't open it or save it. She says she gets
> > warnings about copyright violation when she tries.
> >
> > Is this some new windoze thing? Could it be done at the isp end (she
> > has a uwa student account)?
> >
> > I've sent it to other machines on my lan (imac, linux, win98) and had
> > no problem opening and viewing.
> >
> > Anybody know how this could be done or how it could be avoided?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Russ