[plug] trouble setting up backports

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 23:14:46 WST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:08:31 +0800, Darren <dylnx at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> What is the correct syntax for  a backports  entry in   /sources.list
> .using iinet's ftp server ? ive tried using the intsructions from
> backports.org  to no avail .

Nobody else has replied, so I will give it a shot.

http://backports.org/mirrors.html does not show iinet as an official
backport server so AFAIK, you will not be able to use iinet.  Of the 3
Australian ones that are shown, only Pacific Internet has a working
web page.

The lines that you add to your /etc/apt/sources.list file are -
deb [f|ht]tp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/debian-backports/debian
stable package ...
deb-src [f|ht]tp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/debian-backports/debian
stable package ...     (set either http or ftp as required in the
above lines)

as per the instructions on http://backports.org/installation.html

Good luck :)

regards,