[plug] shared tv

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Dec 7 15:20:29 WST 2004

William Kenworthy wrote:
> I am going to try vlc first as suggested.  I am hoping someone has
> already done this and its just PNP

Bah! PNP! If it does not required at least 100 lines of spaghetti bash script and a whole roll of
gaffer tape it's not worth doing! ;p)

Let us know how you get on.

While I'm here, does anyone know if NBD can handle devices > 2TB ?

I'm building a 3TB raid-6 NAS box and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the data back to
the server. NFS is out as I don't want the overhead, so I'm thinking NBD or iSCSI or similar. I
figure I already have NBD working for swap for my diskless workstation so I'd try that if it's going
to work with > 2TB.

--
Brad
                    /"\