[plug] plug web

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Dec 7 19:00:42 WST 2004

Cameron Patrick wrote:

> monitor near-by.  I'll fix it up soonish and set up a serial console
> so that it's less pain next time it breaks.

It seems that postgresql wasn't starting up early enough in the boot
process on shameless.  I've no idea why this wasn't a problem last
time the machine booted.

Unfortunately setting up a serial console wasn't possible as Bernard
hadn't compiled support into the kernel.  I will be rectifying that
tonight and upgrading the machine to 2.6.9 (or 2.6.10-rc3 if I'm
feeling adventurous) in the process, so the server may be in yo-yo
mode while that's being tested.  This affects the PLUG web site,
off-topic list and news server but not the main PLUG list.

Cameron.