[OT] [plug] Motorolla C380 Ringtones from Linux PC

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 23 18:16:48 WST 2004

In message <1103796691.2934.1.camel at localhost>
on Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 06:11:32PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> Office: 1300 722 146
> mobile: 0422 978315

Hi,

As someone who is drunk and does not own a mobile phone, I wonder why
people choose a variety of bizarre ways of expressing their mobile
telephone numbers. Why not represent them as "04 2297 8315" (i.e. two
sets of 4-digit numbers with a two-digit prefix) like our local numbers.
I realise that our local number have gone through a number of changes
over the decades (i.e. increasing length), but still...

> Office: 13 0072 2146
> mobile: 04 2297 8315

PS. Yes, I realise that the carrier prefix is three digits, but
nevertheless the mobile prefix itself is the two-digit "04"
moniker, right?