[plug] Machine Check Exception

bob bob at fots.org.au
Sun Dec 26 12:17:59 WST 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:12 am, William Kenworthy wrote:
> clean the fans and internals of dust puppys.  Another post of yours
> notes it may have been spamassassin - this generates a high, and
> sustained cpu load at times (for me anyway!) which means heat, which can
> often mean an oops if cooling is less than normal.

Thanks for the reply.

Funny you should mention dust puppies... the host in questions name is fluff
due to the state it was in when purchased :).

I don't think that it might have been heat so much as the effects of cooling
after being heated (it was 9:40pm after all). Perhaps the stick of ram was
caught just as it moved from shrinkage and one or more of the contacts were
sub optimal... Whatever the cause it doesent appear to be ongoing, at least
not at the moment :).

--
BOFH excuse #29:

It works the way the Wang did, what's the problem