Fwd: [plug] DHCP server question

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Wed Dec 29 12:03:27 WST 2004

Hya,

How have you setup your dhcp3.conf file?
In that file you would also set "static" leases, and in the dhcp.leases
file would show what hosts have what IP address.
It appears that the host has not sent it's hostname to the dhcp
server, so maybe do a `ifconfig` on the requesting host for the mac address
and match on that.

Failing that then skim through your /var/log/syslog file for
DHCPREQUEST and DHCPOFFER .