[plug] Binary Clock

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Feb 1 12:53:21 WST 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:51:54 +0800 Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:

> Mark J Gaynor wrote:
>
> | BTW: this is not flaming anyone, I just want the thread go to sleep
> | before someone needs to get help to deal with it something which is
> | really nothing. Let's not go there!
>
> :-)  Fair enough too.

Ha. And _I_ was just engaging in wordy repartee with the Devenish fellow while
casually batting a few penguins on a lazy Saturday afternoon (as you do).

Doffs hat to Cameron's razor sharp analysis tho'.

> rather than
> buying one I'm tempted to buy a bunch of large LEDs and a PIC and build
> something similar myself.

Brrrr. Hard core. Do you have a manual for that soldering iron ?

>  And then, as per James's PIC talk at LCA, I
> could even programme the things under Linux.  ... I wonder how hard it
> would be to make one that speaks NTP? ;-)

Only if you can add wireless since, naturally, you'd be building a
wearable version (wrist mounting optional). If hotspots provide
NTP you're all set. That'd be watch chalking I guess ..

cu
harry

[  :-D  ] <-- silent

--