[plug] Re: [OT] Television

sscott at iinet.net.au sscott at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 2 09:59:37 WST 2004

Quoting Leon Brooks <leon at brooks.fdns.net>:

> From my own crew:
>
>    Drawing on the patio with thick chalks.
>
>    Building and running plastic railroads.
>
>    Acting out social situations with dolls.
>
>    "Helping" the cook.
>
>    Swimming.
>
>    Driving Tonkas around in the dirt.
>
>    Riding trikes and bikes around the back yard.
>
>    Watering the lawn (fence, shed, walls, each other...).
>
>    Bouncing on the trampoline.
>
>    Running out with great acclaim to welcome royalty (e.g. Auntie Jane).

Ahh, it warms the cockles of my heart to know there are others like me.

I have a severe allergy to TV - not that I dont watch it ever, but when I do I
feel like Im wasting my life. Id really like my daughter to not spend her life
in front of the idiot box, and was glad when recently my missus decided that
watching 'Nemo' for the 50th time probably wouldnt be as enriching as making
paper hats and potato stamps with mum. On a trip down to Wanneroo markets
yesterday we stocked up on all the necessities - pipe cleaners, PVA glue,
beads, small fridge magnets etc

TV is evil.