[plug] Re: [OT] Television

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Feb 2 15:29:19 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

| > I also can't stand Simpsons - and never really have - regardless
| > of whatever satirical value it may possess.)
|
| My grandparents are like that.

:-)

| > The overwhelming majority of TV aimed at children seems to be designed
| > to keep them placated and out of their parents' hair,
|
| This strikes me as odd, so I feel the need to insert this disclaimer: TV
| might have changed a lot since I watched it has a child. So, I might be
| out-of-date with my perceptions of the suitability of free-to-air
| television for children.

Possibly.  Contrariwise, I don't believe that you're significantly older
than me and I can't imagine it would have changed that much in the time.
I'm also assuming that despite your accent you grew up here in
Australia, too... Correct me if I'm wrong in any of this.

| It makes me sad to think of missing out of all my cherished TV memories.

Cherished TV memories?  The mind boggles.

Cameron.