[plug] some adsl, misc questions...

Pabs pabs at perthimc.asn.au
Tue Feb 3 20:22:44 WST 2004

Hey ppl,

Have there been any developments in the realm of WA adsl providers since
they last came up? or is westnet still the winner?

re westnet: will i be able to get the murdoch discount offer if I sign
up thru linuxwa? http://wwwcoms.murdoch.edu.au/adsl/

Recommended dsl modem? - this is for a debian sid, w spare ethernet
port, 2 usb ports, spare serial port.

& now some ways for me to reduce my bandwith usage:

closest/fastest debian mirror to westnet?

Are there any waix news, irc, gaming mirrors?

other waix mirrors?

[OT] waix windoze mirrors?

Domains to forward to 127.0.0.1? ads.osdn.com comes to mind.

Any peak/off peak experiences. ie does it help to do yr downloading
after midnight?

Anone have any opinions on the shaped/$10 per 1000 MiB choice?

Anyone have any info about their usage practices, and their volumes, to
compare & decide on a dl cap if I go for that ?

Finally, any plans for a sourceforge/savannah waix mirror?

oh, yeah, and what about a waix freecache?
(http://www.archive.org/web/freecache.php)

--
Bye,
Pabs