[plug] Cool net radio!

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 4 00:03:05 WST 2004

Just found a very good thing! Had to share.

Virgin Radio (http://www.virginradio.co.uk/thestation/listen/ ) streams in Ogg Vorbis as well as the usual mp3 and wmp! I think this is exceptional! I am currently listening to the Classic Tracks stream, which for someone living in the sticks is a fine thing indeed! Good music to my ears...

No adverts, _seemingly_ better than FM sound - prolly CD quality on the broadband OggVorbis stream..  AND using open standards "stuff".. Playing on XMMS.. wooohoooo..

Anyway, back to whatever it was you were doing..

Garry

8^)==