[plug] Cool net radio!

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Feb 4 00:25:38 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 00:22, Ryan wrote:
> Nice, I couldn't get XMMS to make any noises with it, but VLC handled it
> nicely.  Very good quality on the Ogg b/band streams.  The modem streams
> sound typically underwater, but still good.

Even the broadband streams are less than stellar - they're only ~70k and
they sound it. Nonetheless, it's nice - and I'll be pointing these folks
out to JJJ and the ABC :-)

BTW, xmms handles it fine for me (XMMS 1.2.8 on RH-FC1). I just saved
the 'live.pls' file to /tmp and aimed xmms at it. Then I twitched in
pain and switched to the high(er) bandwidth stream.

If only I hadn't just accepted a DL limit cut to move up to 1.5MBit...

Craig Ringer