[plug] National Bank against open source

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 4 11:43:03 WST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:03:32AM +0800, Bill Kenworthy top-posted:

> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 10:50, Lawrie Abbott wrote:
> > I sent an email off to the National Australia Bank

[snip]

> > "We are aware that the standard version of Mozilla currently
> > works with our site but will not be including it in the browser
> > detection script as it is an open source application."

Reply to say that all your software is required to be open source so
that its integrity and security can be independently verified.

I bet NAB will also spit the dummy at Opera; which isn't open
source.

Their answer will probably translate to "we don't think our retail
customers are sufficiently important to get us off our arses".

> > Anyone know of of a more open source (Linux/Mozilla) friendly bank?

> Commonwealth has almost always worked no fuss in moz and galeon.  Stay
> away from anyone who uses TSW - its not just unfriendly but doesnt work
> because of bad (notice I say bad, not poor) coding.

PNCS uses TSW. They've been happy to deal with any problem I've
reported. http://www.pncs.com.au