[plug] National Bank against open source

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Feb 4 12:15:29 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 11:43, sscott at iinet.net.au wrote:
> Quoting Lawrie Abbott <lawrieabbott at iinet.net.au>:
>

> > "We are aware that the standard version of Mozilla currently works with
> > our site but will not be including it in the browser detection script as
> > it is an open source application."
>
> woaaah guys. Hang on a sec.
>
> Why I agree this is possibly the most poorly worded response ever, consider it
> from their perspective.
<snip>
> disclaimer: I work for an arm of MLC, which is itself an arm of NAB. I still
> think they are bastards in many ways, but I cant agree with the logic of
> getting wound up about this.

If they put up a better reason/wording and show some understanding of
the matter, I'll shut up.

I fully understand the points you raised regarding their predicament
supporting such software - I just want to see if they themselves
actually understand those points in a way that revokes their earlier
dismissive statement.

If they don't, I'm happy to educate them with my wound-up energy and
size 11EEE Redwing boots (I actually wear Mack boots) :)

Ryan