[plug] Email server to receive email only?

Russ Powers russ at powerstech.com
Thu Feb 5 14:00:04 WST 2004

Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Russ Powers wrote:
>
> | This may sound odd, but can I set up my server to just receive email for
> | a domain and not send mail? The logic being to minimise the risk and the
> | amount of support. I have other methods of sending email.
>
> It can be done.  Which mail server are you using?  In the case of exim3,
> you can remove the routers that send mail to other hosts.  With exim4
> you can use ACLs to deny outgoing mail.  With sendmail and postfix you'd
> have to ask someone who is not me. :-)

Well, I'm not using any yet. Call me a wimp, but I thought I'd ask for
advice before I jumped in. :-P  ;-)

I didn't want to set up sendmail or exim and then find out there is a
simple app that can do this without the overhead.

But I'm getting the impression that it's probably just a matter of
setting up one of the above and disabling send.  :-)