[plug] Installing Sid from CD followup

laurie anderson vautin at aijv.com.au
Fri Feb 6 08:20:08 WST 2004

  Good morning,

  While installing Debian Sid from CD's I experienced what I thought   where disk read errors,

  discovered that the CD-rom drive was at fault.
  Replaced the Liteonit CD-ROM with a Liteonit CD-RW drive similar     result,
  replaced the Liteonit CD-RW with a 4KUS DVD-ROM with ATAPI/E-IDE     interface now this works perfectly.

  Conclusion drawn is that the drive it self may not actually be at   fault but the firmware used by a particular CD manufacturer was unable   correctly identify & access the info on the disk.
  This problem may only relate Sid.

  Should you come across a like problem try the above solution.

  I wish to thank Scott from Linux IT for his thoughts.

  Hope this note will be of use to someone.

  Laurie