[plug] Help with X logon display settings please

chris.griffin at swiftdsl.com.au chris.griffin at swiftdsl.com.au
Mon Feb 9 09:12:56 WST 2004

Having been running RH 9 for some time, I decided last night to install
Fedora Yarrow. Install went fine and it set up X screen settings with what
it decided would work (and it did). I logged on and decided to set the
display adapter to what I really have, a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro and res of
1152 x 864. The monitor settings already said I had an LG 900B, so I left
that. After restarting X I now get the logon screen but when I finish
putting in my id and password, my screen locks up. Any thoughts on what I
did wrong (now be nice) and for that matter how to get back to square one?

Regards,
Chris Griffin