[plug] Apache ScriptAlias question

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Feb 10 13:30:06 WST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, quoth Denis Brown:

> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/"
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/ups/cgi-bin/"

These will clash with each other.
ScriptAlias actually aliases a "directory" within the virtual webspace

ie where you would go to http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/ it aliases it
to the specified directory, so obviously you can't point one directory at
two locations.

Instead try: ScriptAlias /nut-cgi/ /usr/local/ups/cgi-bin/
or similar
so you can then go to http://www.yourdomain.com/nut-cgi/ and access those
scripts.

Either that, or turf the whole "all cgi script must be in cgi-bin" idea,
and instead uncomment this line:

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .sh .pl

which means you can drop your cgi script anywhere you like provided they
end in one of those extensions.

> P.S.   Anyone looking for a decent UPS monitoring solution would be advised
> to have a browse at Network UPS Tools.   I have some APC Smart-UPS's

I second that.  I have an APC Smart-UPS at home, and getting it to work
with NUT was a breeze

 - Matt