[plug] POSIX ACL support

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Feb 10 14:32:12 WST 2004

Hi Plug,

I've heard around the traps that POSIX ACLs, when enabled, will allow
somewhat more native Windows client permission support when using
Samba.  Right or wrong, I'd like to give it a try :)

I can't figure out how though.  Is the code already in the kernel and I
can't find it?  Is it a patch?  Do they have another name I'm not aware
of?  Is it all a hoax?

The only references I can find to it in the kernel source are in the
inter-mezzo fs bits:

fs/intermezzo/*

Google doesn't give me much after 1998-9.

Anyone got more of a clue or websites less that 5 years old with some
info?

Thanks,

Ryan