[plug] handling failed non-redundant storage in a server

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Feb 12 11:30:31 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:09, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Being able to convince GNOME not to try to talk to the residual nautlus,
> but rather start a new one, would do too. Is there some lock or socket I
> can remove to force this?

OK, quick update on this side of things. It looks like gnome-session can
be forced to start a new nautilus by removing the user's
/tmp/orbit-$USER directory and killing their bonobo-activation-server
and gconfd (latter two may not be needed).

However, when nautilus is relaunched by gnome it pops up a dialog saying
"nautilus is searching your disk for trash folders" ... and hangs. It
must be looking at the mounted volumes or something - but interestingly,
none of the other users are seeing the issue.

I'm going to try removing nautilus trash-ish things from their account -
but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Craig Ringer