[plug] mysql + php integration with websites.. anyone?

hooker at iinet.net.au hooker at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 13 06:07:04 WST 2004

Quoting Paul Stone <paul at paulstoneonline.com>:
> Hey all..
>
> Just wondering. I have brief knowledge of how to integrate mysql + php onto
> my websites, but would like to have a more solid understanding (so i can
> create database driven websites from scratch rather then plugging things in
> and getting them working)
>
> can anyone reconmend any good books or courses for learning this kinda
> stuff? learning from the web is good, but sometimes tedious.

I assume that you've used Google and found sites like :

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/programming/php/tutorials/tutorial4.html
http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql
http://www.phphelp.com/article/

They may be tedious, but combined with something like Usenet, it's a good way
to clear up uncertainties and get questions answered. Of course if you really
want to understand rather than plug leggo together, it's usually going to
involve some tedium.

Hook