[plug] WARNING: ***NASTY*** virus loose [attachments sliced]

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Feb 15 16:39:35 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

> friendly.] Despite the popularity of AVG (et al.), it is worth noting
> that there is often a window of vulnerability between when a virus is
> present "in the wild" and when a user downloads their updates (or when
> the updates become available).

We got walloped by this one with Bagle. Up until this hit, the office here was using Norton
Antivirus and Symantec were a day or so behind in getting the virus into their database.

We no longer use Norton Antivirus and the person using the exposed (isp supplied rather than
in-house mailserver) e-mail address was suitably educated on attachment safety as soon as they got
out of hospital.

Brad