[plug] Anyone seen this new Welchia worm yet?

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Feb 15 21:54:21 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

> Checkout W32.Welchia.C.Worm. It uses about 4 different known exploits. O
> I expect to be cleaning this thing up for people soon.
>
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.c.worm.html
> As usual Linux is not affected :)

Neither is DOS, Macintosh, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows
98, and Windows Me according to the provided link.

Makes me think that a lot of peope using legacy and unsupported Windows
systems /don't/ have to upgrade to XP for security reasons ;-P

What was curious. Is this worm wants to clean up two other worms. Can't
rely on anyone else's dodgy worm ...

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)