[plug] all your XXX belong to us (was: valentine)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 16 08:57:39 WST 2004

In message <20040216002341.GA18004 at pinion.innovative.iinet.net.au>
on Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:23:41AM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> You're actually more likely to be killed or injured when using
> public transport for a journey.

Whereabouts can we find out about Perth's metropolitan transport safety
statistics, with details of public transport casualties? How does public
transport compare with bicycle safety and walking? What about school
buses? I would be surprised to hear that train casualties were a higher
proportion of train users than cars casualties (including pedestrians)
were of car users (excluding people who were hit by trains -- though I
would be interested to hear if any of those people were regular
commuters). I can't recall anyone drowning on the metro ferry. There are
certainly bus accidents and injuries -- I wonder how many of those were
determined to have been caursed by car drivers?