[plug] all your XXX belong to us (was: valentine)

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Mon Feb 16 13:30:19 WST 2004

> Maybe the buses were travelling at excessive speed when carrying
> unrestrained and standing pax... such vehicles in Germany are
> limited to 80kmh and more often than not restricted to speed zones
> of 70kmh or less anyway. It's also worth noting that many Transperth
> buses *die* on the side of the freeway because they were never
> intended for extended runs at 100kmh.

I'd think most people killed by public transport in Perth metro area would be suicides on the rail lines. The number is amazing, the Freo to Perth line is a common place.

As a passenger, you are very very safe.. Unless some loser on the train takes to you I guess.. Maybe I was lucky, never happened to me.

The older buses are speed limited to 85km/h, but this varies from 80-~86 with mechanical tolerance, the newer buses (a/c with no openable windows) are 90km/h, but some of them go close to 100. It's policy (at Southern Transit at least) to only use the newer type on the Freeway for the speed and reliability factors. My neighbour, until I moved in November, is a driver.

Linux link? Tenuous.. I used to travel by bus and train to go to the Northbridge meetings for PLUG..  8^)==

Garry