[OT] Safety [was: Re: [plug] all your XXX belong to us (was: valentine)]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 16 13:48:21 WST 2004

In message <20040216002341.GA18004 at pinion.innovative.iinet.net.au>
on Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:23:41AM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> You're actually more likely to be killed or injured when using
> public transport for a journey.

Still, sounds like it's safer than going to the beach ;-)
(One person dead and at least 200 injured yesterday at Perth beaches.)

In message <20040216133019.74cf09ab.garbuck at westnet.com.au>
> As a passenger, you are very very safe.. Unless some loser on the
> train takes to you I guess.. Maybe I was lucky, never happened to me.

About the closest I ever came was someone who sat down next to me
/after/ assaulting someone outside a train station.