[plug] 2.4.24 mremap root exploit

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 19 06:46:26 WST 2004

This is the second 2.6 Ive tried, and the slowest yet (2.6.2 with mm
patches, other was vanilla).  It very much depends on the type of
couple of days is a problem.  But if you have a desktop based system, it
does seem nicer if you leave such a job churning away in the
background.  This is workstation type processing, not so much server or
desktop type use though, so I am not sure how this would translate to a
database or webserver which is why I am interested in how Craig finds
it.

BillK